This road blog is an experiment in the sphere of cultural integrity by means of theatre and literature.

Here, you can follow my performances and check on my writings - both fictional and non-fictional. Reviews on literature, theatre and film will also appear on this page.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Intro...


ON September 9, 2010, I premiered my interpretation of “Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll” – one actor play by Eric Bogosian. Directed by Mihail Mikov, the show first toddled in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria - accompanied by Vesislava Todorova’s violoncello.

Initially presented in Bulgarian, the project never had formal sponsorship, nor was officially involved with any theatre organization. It is entirely independent – organized and promoted with private funding and it mostly relies on word of mouth.

Living in Holland at the time, I constantly flew to Bulgaria, performing up to three times a month. To do so, I tracked low cost airlines months ahead, in order to book within the 10-30 euro interval. Then used train connections to airports in Belgium and Netherlands, where such flights were available.
     
In September, 2011, the project turned bi-lingual after two consecutive nights in English - Griffioen Cultuurcentrum (Amstelveen) and OT301 (Amsterdam).

I worked with musicians from diverse origins and genre, producing over forty performances. The show now appears monthly in Amsterdam, London, Prague and Sofia, plus occasional gigs in smaller cities.
  
As the scheme expanded it became hardly possible for one person to singlehandedly manage the whole process. I failed to advertise my third appearance in Prague and had to cancel.

Therefore, I decided to open this blog in order to get more people involved in my work and share my experience as a self–sustained performer.   

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment